It has been a very exciting, yet strange, year since we launched. We have worked tirelessly (actually we are very tired) to turn our dream into a reality and our potatoes into a luxuriously smooth vodka. More than ever now I feel it is important to reflect on the journey we have been on and to take the time to enjoy the lovely moments and lessons learnt along the way. After our first months of launching, attending events, doing tastings, getting stocked at lots of fabulous bars, restaurants and shops, we then found ourselves in the most strange, challenging and unexpected situation. What a time to launch a new business! At least everyone carried on drinking during the lockdown – thank you!
Here’s a few of my personal favourite moments from our first year
- Making our lovely bar out of our potato bins and taking it out to events
- The overwhelming response we have had to our vodka and to our branding
- Seeing our bottles on the shelves of farm shops, bars and restaurants and making so many new friends
- Tasting our vodka in dishes created by fabulous local chefs. Including Cove Vodka and Lime Crème Brulee at Oceans Restaurant and Beetroot and Cove Vodka Cured Trout at the Fig Tree at 36
- The welcome from stall holders at the various events we have attended. Such a great community to be part of
- Getting an amazing array or press coverage including having been One of the three best New Wave British Drinks in Decanter Magazine, Spirit of the Week in The London Economic and been in IMBIBE’s weekly top spirit launches, as well as being included in the Western Morning News, Western Daily Press, Taste Buds Magazine, Devon Life, Restaurant Magazine and Food Magazine.
- Getting recognised for producing a great quality premium vodka with our 5 Star rating in the Difford’s Guide and our first two awards. We won Silver in the International Spirits Challenge and Bronze in the London Spirits Challenge
- Launching our cocktail kits and sending them out to lots of people to cheer them up during lockdown or to celebrate a special occasion
- Getting listed included on www.bottleinanbox.co.uk and www.virginonline.co.uk
- Over the past year I have stuck on a lot of labels, gift wrapped and packaged a lot of bottles and carried round a huge amount of boxes. It’s definitely not quite as glamourous a job as I had anticipated. But I absolutely love it.
So what’s next?
Right now we are focusing on online orders, looking for more fabulous bars, restaurants, farm shops to stock our Cove Vodka and Damson Liqueur. We’re also sampling new products ready to launch next year, we cannot wait to share them with. Plus we’re working on some new cocktail kits and gift sets ready for Christmas. If you have any ideas please do let us know.
A BIG THANK YOU
Sincere thanks to everyone that has bought a bottle, shared a post, put a bottle on their shelves and helped support our little dream. We cannot wait to be back out and about at events and doing tastings. In the meantime – take care and please keep shopping small.
For more updates please sign up to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gQxhZv